Furre Paw News
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furre Paw News

Furre Paw News' official forums.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » --May 2011
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:13 pm by MistressNight

» Final Prize Poll
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:18 pm by Admin

» Opening Raffle List
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:27 pm by Admin

» Introduction
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:26 pm by KazejinRyu

» FPR - FPN: Official Event June 2011
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:45 pm by Admin

» Official: DotMA 4
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:01 pm by Admin

» HEY EVERYONE!
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:04 pm by Blizzy

» FPN Subjects/Topics
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:19 am by MistressNight

» Doing a CONTEST!
    Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:03 am by Blizzy

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Affiliates
    free forum

free forum

free forum

Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Curt
    Graphics Team
    Graphics Team
    Curt

Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) Empty
    PostSubject: Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)   Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:33 am

Developing artists I talk to often say, "I just don't know what to draw," or "I'm in an 'artist's block,'" as excuses for why they aren't drawing. (This is also applicable to painting and other art medias, too.) This troubles me; I don't believe in an 'artist block.' There is always something to draw, and there is always some drawing technique you can improve on. Still life can be boring, but even drawing boxes can help you learn form, shadow, dimension, perspective, and even more. Art is something that you have to develop your skill in by DOING. The only way you can get better at drawing is to draw. To get better at painting, paint. To get better at sculpting clay, sculpt clay. You can read books, study master art works, and get tutors, but then as you learn new techniques from these you have to PRACTICE them!

So, this is a starting topic of posting different things that you can draw. They can be themes, like destruction, or specific, like human figure. I will be directing this string with weekly topics to draw (Week terms starting on Mondays), and also broader topics to draw in a monthly time frame (Terms starting on the first of the month). Others can and are encouraged to submit ideas for weekly/monthly topics, too, especially if you want to explore an idea. It will stay specific to drawing, because it is the usual starting point for other art medias. You draw out a plan of what you are going to sculpt and paint, typically.

*One thing I want to stress is to draw something for these exercises even if you think you don't have drawing talent. Everybody has to start somewhere. Nobody is here to judge, we are just here to help you.

*If requests and feedback is high enough to branch out into specific exercises for other art media, that can happen. Drawing is just one of the easiest and fastest things to improve on in the art world, I have come to find.

Happy Drawing!
    Back to top Go down
    http://morningstarcurt.yolasite.com/
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Group1 : Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)   Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:44 am

I love the idea. I'm always saying that I'll keep practicing but always put it off.
    Having a nice program to follow weekly with feed back is a really great way to get some practice in.
    Plus since it's once a week, it gives plenty of time to work on it after work or between tasks Smile

- I look forward to seeing more.
    Back to top Go down
    https://furrepawnews.forumotion.net
    Curt
    Graphics Team
    Graphics Team
    Curt

PostSubject: Re: Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)   Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 am

Nice; it'll be fun to have you participating, too! It will start next Monday.
    Back to top Go down
    MistressNight

MistressNight

PostSubject: Re: Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)   Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 pm

I agree with your thoughts and idea. I would like to try it too. Would you be giving us something to start and practice on? Like an idea or image for use to sketch and what not?
    Back to top Go down
    Curt
    Graphics Team
    Graphics Team
    Curt

PostSubject: Re: Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)   Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 am

It's going to be ideas that you can take liberties to interpret however you feel's right. If pictures or text on the topic is wanted for more inspiration, that can work.
    Back to top Go down
    MistressNight

MistressNight

PostSubject: Re: Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)   Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:26 am

*nods* Okay that's cool. Can't wait to start.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)   Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing) Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekly and Monthly Direction. (Drawing)
    Page 1 of 1