Furre Paw News
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furre Paw News

Furre Paw News' official forums.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» --May 2011
Food for thought EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:13 pm by MistressNight

» Final Prize Poll
Food for thought EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:18 pm by Admin

» Opening Raffle List
Food for thought EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:27 pm by Admin

» Introduction
Food for thought EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:26 pm by KazejinRyu

» FPR - FPN: Official Event June 2011
Food for thought EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:45 pm by Admin

» Official: DotMA 4
Food for thought EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:01 pm by Admin

» HEY EVERYONE!
Food for thought EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:04 pm by Blizzy

» FPN Subjects/Topics
Food for thought EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:19 am by MistressNight

» Doing a CONTEST!
Food for thought EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:03 am by Blizzy

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

free forum

free forum

Food for thought

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MistressNight

MistressNight

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Food for thought   Food for thought EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:24 pm

How about adding a forum for scammers/art thiefs? That way we people can be warned not to user certain artists or be warned if they do use these artist what might happen. I think that would be very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Experience
Admin
Admin
Experience

Group1 : Reporter

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:07 am

There are many forums and groups which provide this feature, such as FAZ, FurcPortraitArists (FPA) and even the Furcadia Fans group. These are with a speciality in artwork.

However, with FPN, we do still specialize in artwork we feature, such as logos, entries, and even articles! I think that there should be a thread similar to what you're suggesting, but for plagurised (can. not. spell) works too; not just for digital and traditional media.

I'll have a word with Kamata to see if we should pop this up Smile. I wouldn't want to mess around on the forums without his permission Razz.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Group1 : Moderator

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 am

MistressNight wrote:
How about adding a forum for scammers/art thiefs? That way we people can be warned not to user certain artists or be warned if they do use these artist what might happen. I think that would be very helpful.

If you mean something like a 'Black list' of people who artists claim to be scammers and such then, no.

Reasons behind this are as follows:
1) We're a community that holds a peaceful/neutral status, we don't want to take sides in any kind of argument.
2) Not all artists are 100% correct all the time when they say their art was 'stolen' perhaps their T&C weren't correct, the same goes for commissioners who blame the artist for doing something, though the artists T&C would back up their reasons etc...

I understand that we could research/look into it though doing that for each and every claim would be a lot of work and it'd mean taking a side and 'singling someone out' as it were.
Back to top Go down
https://furrepawnews.forumotion.net
MistressNight

MistressNight

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:15 am

Not just speaking along the lines of plagiarisms. Also to include ones who are thief/scam meaning people who've commissioned and not delivered. That is what I call a scam. Some take commissions as well as money and I agree other sites do have this but because it is such a big issue no reason not to add it. You know? Also I'm sure people would be grateful to know who is a thief/scam/plagiarizer. As I said it's food for thought. And remember not everyone has a FAZ,FPAs... DA's doesn't have that feature.. So for people who join us and don't know of these sites it is beneficial. I can tell you I just recently found out FAZ having it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Group1 : Moderator

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 am

I'll be sure to add it to the Agenda for our next meeting and the council will have a good talk about it and I'll get back to you Smile
Back to top Go down
https://furrepawnews.forumotion.net
MistressNight

MistressNight

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:25 am

Well the point of this is not to take sides. You don't have to take sides for this forum to be possible. Again it's a way of sharing experience with what happened. Gives warning to those who have done it and gives you a choice whether or not you wish to risk it. This is not necessarily work.

Quote :
Reasons behind this are as follows:
1) We're a community that holds a peaceful/neutral status, we don't want to take sides in any kind of argument.
2) Not all artists are 100% correct all the time when they say their art was 'stolen' perhaps their T&C weren't correct, the same goes for commissioners who blame the artist for doing something, though the artists T&C would back up their reasons etc...

Okay how does posting warning not give us a peaceful status? If your dealing with an artist who steals your money... Wouldn't you like to know about it? I think that would be helpful advice mostly. Also you don't have to take sides unless you want too. Once you put your input in that's when you start to take sides. You can read and if the artist starts to post things than that is between them... Now if it got out of hand that is when you can end it.. Like Locking it so no more posts can be made.

I'm not speaking of doing the research unless you'd like that to be done to prove it to be true or not. That is more of a choice as well. People who wish to find out the truth of the matter can explore on their own terms at will.

Use me for example... I have been through an scenario where I dealt with an artist and she never finished off my commission made an excuse about her computer messing up. DIdn't wish to give me a refund vanished on the face of earth where I was at. I would think people would wanna know what kind of artist they were dealing with. Wouldn't you if you were in my shoes?
Back to top Go down
MistressNight

MistressNight

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:27 am

Like I said it's not mandatory just merely a suggestion. *smiles* If you feel it's not best then no worries. I can always come up with a different idea down the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Empty

Back to top Go down

Food for thought
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Furre Paw News :: Furcadia :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: